Telemed Plan - vfw
VFW Telemed Plan Header Banner
VFW Telmed Plan Icon Header
VFW Telemed Plan Tabbed Product Details
VFW members have the option to apply for the VFW Telemed Plan. Through the VFW Telemed Plan, members can gain access to DialCare Physician Access - a modern, easy-to-use telemedicine solution for non-emergency illnesses and general care. Members and their families have direct access to state-licensed and fully credentialed doctors, via phone or video consultations, to receive treatment and advice for common ailments, including colds, the flu, rashes and more. When medically appropriate, a DialCare doctor may prescribe a short term, non-DEA controlled medication for the member to pick up at the pharmacy of their choice.*
Doctors are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, allowing members and their families convenient access to quality care from home, work or on the go.
When to use DialCare Physician Access:
- For non-emergency medical issues and questions
- During or after normal business hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- If the member lives a significant distance from a primary care doctor or a VA facility
- When a primary care doctor or VA physician is not available
- When traveling and in need of non-urgent medical care or advice
Advocacy Services include:
- Help finding the best doctors, hospitals and dentists, and schedule appointments with providers
- Answer questions about test results, treatments and medications
- Assist in the transfer of medical records, X-rays and lab results
- Locate and research the newest treatments for a medical condition
- Help resolve insurance claims and assist with negotiating billing and payment arrangements, and related administrative issues for non-VA treatments
What conditions can be treated?
- Respiratory infections
- Sinus Infections
- Insect bites
- Skin inflammations
- Cold & flu
- Sore throat
- Digestive Issues
- Joint aches & pains
- Sports injuries
- Ear infections
- Urinary tract infections
- And more!
In addition to DialCare Physician Access, members will also have access to the following products by signing up for the VFW Telemed Plan: eDoc America, Health Advocate - Patient Advocacy, Health Advocate - NurseLine, and MedImpact - Prescription Drugs. These products allow members to have access to a 24/7 web-based access to board certified psychologists, pharmacists, dentists and more, a nurse line for advice on a variety of topics, discounts on generic and brand-name prescriptions and medical mediation assistance. To learn more about the VFW Telemed Plan and options available to you, click below.
*Prescriptions through the VFW Telemed Plan may not always be accepted at some VA pharmacies.
THIS PLAN IS NOT INSURANCE and is not intended to replace health insurance. This plan does not meet the minimum creditable coverage requirements under M.G.L. c.111M and 956 CMR 5.00. This plan is not a Qualified Health Plan under the Affordable Care Act. This is not a Medicare prescription drug plan. The range of discounts will vary depending on the type of provider and service. The plan does not pay providers directly. Plan members must pay for all services but will receive a discount from participating providers. The list of participating providers is at VFW.solutionssimplified.com. A written list of participating providers is available upon request. You may cancel within the first 30 days after effective date or receipt of membership materials (whichever is later) and receive a full refund. Discount Plan Organization and administrator: Careington International Corporation, 7400 Gaylord Parkway, Frisco, TX 75034; phone 800-441-0380.
This plan is not available in Vermont or Washington